Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Dead peasants insurance....

  1. #21
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead peasants insurance....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Sounds like smart business to me, and if the worker had worked for a company at any point in time, they have a vested interest in that person. Life insurance policies are not something you pay and then decide to cancel without you being a completel moron. If you want to complain, complain about the insurance companies who accept and setup this type of plan.
    I never said it was dumb, it's very smart, doesn't mean it's right or legal. They have no interest in someone that no longer works for them. These companies are the #1 to blame IMO, the insurance companies have to have a market to sell to, there's legit COLI's I have no problem with, these aren't it and even the IRS has a hard time differentiating which one is which.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead peasants insurance....

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I never said it was dumb, it's very smart, doesn't mean it's right or legal. They have no interest in someone that no longer works for them. These companies are the #1 to blame IMO, the insurance companies have to have a market to sell to, there's legit COLI's I have no problem with, these aren't it and even the IRS has a hard time differentiating which one is which.
    Those companies are providing the insurance companies with a market to sell to. Anyone can refuse business to anyone else if they so choose. That why I say if you want to blame someone, blame the insurance companies, not the business.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #23
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dead peasants insurance....

    How about blaming both...that's tasteless.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •